The 2nd Heritage Language Syntax conference will take place in Utrecht on 15-17 December 2021.
- Suzanne Aalberse (University of Amsterdam)
- Abbas Benmamoun (Duke University)
- Oksana Laleko (State University of New York – New Paltz)
- Brechje van Osch (UiT The Arctic University of Norway)
- Michael Putnam (Pennsylvania State University)
- Liliana Sánchez (University of Illinois – Chicago)
- Deniz Tat (UiT The Arctic University of Norway)
Conference description: Grammars that develop under constrained input conditions provide us with unique insights into the mechanisms of synchronic and diachronic language change. For this reason, the syntax of heritage languages has been the focus of a large number of experimental, as well as theoretical, studies over the last few decades.
This conference, which marks the conclusion of the ERC Microcontact project (https://microcontact.sites.uu.nl/) at the Utrecht Institute of Linguistics, brings together junior and senior experts on the syntax of a wide range of typologically different heritage and/or minority languages in contact.
We welcome papers on any topics in heritage and/or minority language syntax, with particular attention to the theoretical aspects of language contact and change (including interface phenomena) and its bearings on our knowledge and understanding of syntactic theory.
Call for papers: HLS2 CFP (Published Version) (easychair.org)
Submission deadline: 31st of August 2021